ЗЕС и усуканата метална двойка

Сдружението за електронни комуникации (СЕК) сезира Европейската комисия за приетите в петък промени в Закона за електронните съобщения. Приетите промени ни връщат години назад в либерализацията на телекомуникационния пазар в България, заяви председателят на СЕК Теодор Захов. Ограничава се достъпът на алтернативните телекоми до абонатните линии на крайните клиенти. Повече тук и тук

И европейски медии информират

Bulgaria’s new bill on electronic communications is skewed in favor of fixed-line incumbent BTC and would, in effect, limit the last-mile access of alternative carriers, said representatives of local telecom start-ups after the MPs adopted a controversial provision defining the term ‘local loop’ for the purposes of the implementation of the bill.

The contentious provision was sponsored by the parliamentary telecom policy committee which proposed to define the local loop as a twisted metallic pair circuit between an end-point of a public fixed-line network in end-user’s premise with the main distribution frame or an equivalent device in a public fixed-line network.

According to the alternative operators, the use of the phrasing ‘twisted metallic pair’ limits the scope of the provision to the benefit of BTC because it leaves out all other types of infrastructure that will be put in place by the former monopoly.

The so called EU directive on access recommends a broader definition that takes into account possible future technological developments. The overall idea is a move in the direction of technological neutrality. That would mean an operator with significant market impact like BTC should be required to provide the rest of the market players with unbundled access to the local loop regardless of whether the technology involved is a twisted metallic pair, a copper pair or fiber-optics.

The local Society for Electronic Communications failed in its campaign to have the term ‘bitstream access’ inserted in the new bill. According to the carriers members of the SEC, the absence of the term in the effective telecoms law has allowed BTC leeway to limit bitstream access, offering the alternative telecoms to act only as wholesalers of its ADSL packages.

Data of the Bulgarian telecom regulator shows that BTC controlled 97% of the fixed-line market in 2005 while the 20 operators licensed to provide fixed-line voice services – only 9 of which are active, share the remaining 3%. [EU Politics Today]


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s